Thursday, March 24, 2011

Loco legs

Well it's been a pretty boring week for us, nothing too exciting going on.  In the last week we've had our basement waterproofed and our front stairs mud jacked (where they raise them up so they are level aka where they are supposed to be!).  We used a company called Todd's Mud jacking and Basement Services and I would definitely recommend them to anyone!  They worked with us on price, the workers were all very courteous and professional, and they left everything a LOT cleaner than they found it! But all that aside, if you heard that loud sobbing a few days ago, it was me when we wrote the check to the company...even though they do great work, it still stinks to pay all that money for something you can't even see!  But it's worth it to no longer have a wet, smelly basement and the "death stairs" are now a little easier to climb!  Plus that brings us one step closer to finishing the basement and eventually moving into a new house!

We are busy preparing for out road trip on Sunday to the action-packed exciting city of Branson, Missouri.  I kid, I kid...while it might not be the most exciting place ever, it will be nice to get away and spend some time with the family (ask me if I still feel the same way next Friday!).  Brian isn't able to come with us because he has work he can't get out of (that's his story and he's sticking to it!) so I will be the one doing all the driving...YIKES!  We will be driving down with my mom and my Aunt Connie, hopefully I'm not jinxing myself here, but the kids are pretty good on long car rides so hopefully everything goes smoothly.  This will be our first road trip since Kelsey's been potty trained, so hopefully we won't be stopping every half hour for potty breaks, although I'm sure my mom is relieved she can now use Kelsey as an excuse to stop!  The drive is supposed to take 8 hours so we'll see how long it actually takes us!  Once down in Branson we will be meeting up with my Aunt Sara, Uncle Bill and their 3 kids, my Uncle Paul and Aunt Kirsten, and my grandparents.  While down there my grandpa will be celebrating his 80th birthday, so we'll be partyin!  Well as much as you can party with a 5 month old and a 3 year old!!

We've been working lately on letting Kelsey dress herself, it's so much easier and faster for us to do it for her, but obviously she needs to learn how to do it herself!  I still haven't let her pick out her outfits, I'm not sure if I can be one of those moms who lets their kid leaving the house looking all crazy because they dressed themselves!  Although the few times she has picked something out, she really doesn't do too bad...sometimes I think she does a better job than Brian!!  Here's what happened when she put her jammies on the other night...sadly she didn't even notice that anything was wrong with her pants for longer than I would care to admit, she only noticed once she started walking!  She thought it was the funniest thing ever and wouldn't fix them for the longest time and kept trying to walk around.  She kept saying she had "loco legs" (which is a song from one of her shows she watches).

What do you mean my pants aren't on right?

I've got loco legs!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment