Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kelsey's first recital

Kelsey's first recital has come and gone, we were SO busy preparing for it!  There were extra rehearsals, picture days, tons of emails with schedules for everything!  I guess I'd never really thought of all the work that goes into recitals, and Kelsey's only in one class, I can't imagine how it's going to be when she's in multiple dance classes!  But it was so worth it!  The minute the first group of girls came on stage (which were older girls) I had tears in my eyes...I was just thinking about how much work these girls put into their dances and how proud their parents must be and I couldn't help myself!  Kelsey goes to a smaller dance studio which was opened 5 years ago by a woman (Miss Melissa) younger than me (so she's 17!) and she just has so much love and pride for her studio and her girls...I'm so happy we chose this studio for Kelsey.  There were several times during the show that Miss Melissa was choked up, of course I can't let anyone cry alone, so I spent most of the recital with tears in my eyes but I loved it.  Kelsey's class was SO cute, they were a little distracted being on stage so their routine kind of got thrown out the window but they were adorable!  My parents came, along with my two grandmothers and my grandfather.  Kelsey's sitter, Dale, was there to watch her dance too, she was sitting in the second row, Kelsey saw her while dancing and that made her day...Kelsey loves her Dale!  We had a great day, can't wait til next year!

Kelsey and her buddy Gabriella on picture day


Kelsey's dance class after their big dance!


Flowers for the dancer!


No comments:

Post a Comment