Wednesday, April 6, 2011

While the kids and I were in Branson, Brian decided to do some home improvements and everything was a total surprise!  He was harassing me to pick out paint colors for the basement, telling me he was going to paint while I was gone, but to be honest, I didn't really think it was going to happen....sorry babe!  While we were gone, when talking on the phone to Brian he kept dropping hints that he had been busy at home, and I thought oh well I guess he actually did paint.  But when we got home we saw that he was a lot busier than I thought!  Most of the work was done by Brian, but he did have some help from my dad and Jeff...thanks guys!!
Crown molding put on cabinets


New island counter top installed


Our bedroom carpet removed and hardwood floors finished


Basement painted and chair rail installed


Kelsey enjoying new carpet installed in basement
It's like a whole new house!!  We LOVE it, he did such a great job!  And he did all this work while also being super busy at work...he logged over 40 hours that week at work on top of all the work around the house, is he the best or what? ;)

I felt the need to contribute some handyman skills myself!  Kelsey got a super cute table and chairs set from Grandma Vickers for Christmas probably 2 years ago and it's been sitting in the box ever since because we had no where to put it...not anymore!
I did it!  Isn't it cute??

Luckily Toby was there to supervise

After 30 years I decided to quit biting my nails and have been growing them
out for the past month, and this is what I get...my first broken nail.  Darn!!

Daddy couldn't even take his coat off after getting home from work
before he had to join her at her first tea party!


Yep...it's a great party!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment